First Webinar March 18, 2020
Coronavirus – Protecting You & Your Family: First Responder & Family Briefing
Dr. Gregory Botz and Chief William Adcox, our webinar speakers are world class experts in emerging threats and are frontline leaders in the fight against the Coronavirus – COVID-19. Both serve at MD Anderson Cancer Center and the University of Texas. Dr. Botz is a Professor of Critical Care and Anesthesia. Chief Adcox is the Chief Security Officer and Chief of Police. Dr. Botz is also an adjunct faculty member at the Stanford University Medical Center. They will be supported by a reactor panel of leading experts.
The webinar addressed the most common scenarios facing families, professional first responders, and volunteer medical and security responders in our communities. This emergency response initiative is part of the Global Med Tac Bystander Rescue Care program developed to help the general public save lives before professional first responders arrive on the scene and to support them when they do. In an emergency, everyone may become a first responder.
Our reactor panel was comprised of Emergency Medicine physicians, nurse infection preventionists, emergency preparedness leaders, and patient advocates. They followed the formal presentations with their comments and posed some of the frequently asked questions
Click here to download the combined speakers’ slide set in PDF format – one (1) slide per page.
Click here to download the combined speakers’ slide set in PDF format – four (4) slides per page.
To view the file, click the desired link (please note: the files may take several minutes to download). To save to your hard drive, right click on the link and choose “Save Target As.” (In some browsers it might say “Save Link As.”)
CE Credit Information
- Awareness: Participants will understand the latest information regarding protecting individuals and their families from COVID-19 Coronavirus.
- Accountability: Participants will understand who is accountable for new behaviors to protect individuals and their families from COVID-19 Coronavirus.
- Ability: Participants will learn the principles of prevention, preparedness, and protection, and performance improvement regarding reducing the risk of harm from COVID-19 Coronavirus.
- Action: Participants will learn what direct line-of-sight actions must be taken reduce harm to individuals and their families from COVID-19 Coronavirus.
CE Participation Documentation
TMIT Global, Corp. a non-profit 501c3, approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15996, will be issuing 1.5 contact hours for this webinar. TMIT is only providing nursing credit at this time.
To request a Participation Document, please click here.
- Checklist: Care of the At Risk and Seniors at Home. Available here: Care of At Risk & Seniors Checklist 03-19-20 0830PT